What Makes PayDirt Payroll Lite Special?
Okay, so you know you need a full-featured powerful payroll program to handle your company’s needs. But you worry about the boss’s reaction when she sees the price tag. Well, worry no more…all of the functionality of PayDirt Payroll Lite is available for an unbeatable price: FREE!
Here’s How It Works:
- Download PayDirt Payroll Lite using the link at the bottom of the page.
- Try it out in your operation.
- Register your copy of PayDirt Payroll Lite (program can be used for 60 days without registration).
- At the end of the year purchase the $195 annual plan to keep all of the tax deductions up to date for the following year.
- Try not to look too smug when other companies ask what you paid for this powerful payroll software.
What Is PayDirt Payroll Lite?
Even though PayDirt Payroll Lite is a simplified version of PayDirt Payroll Pro it still retains some very desirable high end functions, such as the ability to do direct deposits and also the ability to print onto and automatically MICR encode blank cheque forms.
Like Pro, T4 production is also simple and straightforward, and includes the ability to print both the T4 form and the T4 data for each employee onto blank paper so you don’t have to order T4 forms. And the Lite version can even create a T4 submission file in xml format so you can upload your T4s directly onto the CRA website.
Who Is PayDirt Payroll Lite Targeted To?
What Is Removed In PayDirt Payroll Lite?
Of course, that also means that Lite doesn’t have Pro’s famous ability to distribute expenses like CPP, EI, vacation pay or benefit expenses to multiple departments simultaneously, but because the Lite user has simple needs it’s unlikely they would want to do any expense distribution to multiple departments. In Lite, each of those expenses will instead be allocated to their own account.
Primarily, Lite is missing features and functions mostly needed in larger companies. Significant differences are that Lite doesn’t have an HR module for tracking employee events, anniversaries, or certifications. Nor does it provide a Mass Change function, both elements that shouldn’t be needed in a smaller company with few employees and simplified accounting and payroll needs.
Lite also doesn’t have any of the other elements that larger companies sometimes require to help streamline payroll processing and wage costing, such as daily time entry of payroll, job costing integrations, unit based accruals such as seniority counters or accruals tracked in hours, days, or weeks instead of in dollars. Nor does it provide multi-user access, email of direct deposit slips or the import of timesheet information from timeclock software, all features that would be redundant for a smaller company.
Short List Of Removed Items
- PayDirt Pro’s famous ability to automatically distribute subsidiary payroll expenses to the ledger.
- The HR feature.
- The ability to change accounting by employee within the Pay Template grid or the Paycards grid.
- The ability to import time from timeclocks or from time and attendance systems.
- The Mass Change feature for making group changes to employee setups.
- Job Costing of payroll costs.
- Email of Direct Deposit slips to employees.
- Multi-user access to your payroll data.
- Job Templates for automating the completion of employee Pay Templates.
- Daily time entry of time worked each day.
- Multiple EI Classes (but you can still set up multiple WCB rate classes).
- Production of T4A, T4E, T4A-NR (non-residents), and T5007 year end forms. Lite only does T4s.
- Calculation Groups for use in formula building or reporting.
- Custom Crystal Reports.
- Archiving of employees.
- Unit based accruals in hours, days, etc. Lite only accrues and tracks dollar amounts.
- Security settings by program function (but Lite still allows you to create users and passwords).
- Multiple open batches simultaneously. In Lite batches must be posted before creating new ones.
- Integration with Service Canada’s ROEWeb online service. ROE drafts must be printed instead.
What Isn't Removed From PayDirt Payroll Lite?
PayDirt Lite even has some of Pro’s fancy features, such as the ability to create a T4 file for submission of T4s online at year end, electronically, as well as the ability to print paycheques onto blank cheque forms so you don’t have to go to the expense of ordering cheques for a small number of employees. And of course, PayDirt Lite can also do direct deposit. Not bad for little brother!
What Makes PayDirt Payroll Lite Attractive To Users?
Not only is it free, but it’s also a complete functional payroll program that is easy to use and easy to set up.
Best of all, Lite users often grow into Pro users when their company grows or their payroll needs become more complicated. And when the Lite user wants to upgrade to the Pro version because they need the advanced features of the Pro version the upgrade process only requires the entry of a new registration key, and both the program and the data are automatically converted to the Pro version as soon as the new registration key is entered.
Here Is A Brief Recap Of What You Get:
- Unlimited number of Employees.
- Unlimited number of earnings codes.
- Unlimited deductions, benefits, accruals.
- Unlimited number of historical batches.
- Unlimited number of companies (datasets).
- Handle all provinces’ payroll requirements, including Quebec’s.
- Easy entry of pay cards in a simple grid or spreadsheet-style format:
- Powerful formulas to calculate benefits, deductions and accruals.
- Additional entry columns for time-and-a-half and double time hours worked.
- Correct calculation of Workers’ Compensation costs.
- Direct deposit to your employees’ bank accounts.
- Full audit trails.
- Export of accounting transactions to popular programs including: Adagio Accounting, Simply Accounting, QuickBooks, Sage ACCPAC
- Generate Record of Employment (ROE) draft forms for entry into Service Canada’s ROEWeb site.
- Print CRA Remittance detail reports and WCB, EHT, and Quebec remittance details from current and historic batches.
- Generate paper and/or electronic T4 slips and upload to Revenue Canada at year end.
- Roll over to a new year while keeping all details from the previous years available.
- A simple and easy to use year end process.